What is Continuous Delivery 101?
This is a video series to help you get started on your CD journey. Ken Mugrage, an advocate for continuous delivery, will walk you through a collection of 5 short videos. This series will cover the history of CD, basic concepts, best practices, how to get started and popular tools. We will also introduce in-depth readings as we go through these basic concepts with you.
By the end of the video series, you'll have a holistic view of continuous delivery and a deeper understanding and appreciation of critical concepts.
Why should you watch it?
These videos can help you and more specifically, your team, learn to adopt best practices of Continuous Delivery, understand the core concepts of a deployment pipeline, and the history of how Agile and Lean drove these technical practices.
This series is for you if you:
- are looking to get an overview of continuous delivery for yourself
- are championing DevOps transformation in your organization and need a concise 'getting started' guide for your team
- think your team are doing continuous delivery but not quite there yet and want to take as step back to refresh the fundamentals
CD 101 - Part 1 - History and Introduction to the deployment pipeline
In the first part of this series, Ken covers
- a brief history of continuous delivery
- the difference between continuous delivery and continuous deployment (Yes, they are different)
- a brief introduction of a 'deployment pipeline'
Stay tuned for Part 2 of the Continuous Delivery 101 series which talks about the deployment pipeline in more detail.