Starting 15.2.0 GoCD Server will expose authentication end-point. What this means is GoCD users can add "custom" authentication schemes through plugins. With plugin settings & web request handling ability plugin developers get enough flexibility to write any authentication plugin they intend to write.
Examples of integrations possible:
- OAuth Login - GitHub, Google, Hotmail, Yahoo! etc.
- Single Sign-on (SSO) - LDAP, Okta etc.
- 2-factor authentication - SMS verification etc.
How does it work?
Below is an explanation of how GitHub OAuth Login plugin works.
- Generate OAuth token on GitHub.
- On plugin listing page users will see a gear icon (similar to one on the pipeline dashboard).
- Clicking on the gear icon opens a pop-up that renders "Plugin Settings".
- Login Page
- Click on GitHub icon
- Successful login
- Ability to Search & Add users
We hope plugin developers are able to use this feature to support their organizations authentication mechanism.
As always, GoCD questions can be asked on the mailing list.