This is part 4 of our Continuous Delivery 101 video series. In the previous videos, we covered best practices and principles of continuous delivery. In this video, we’ll talk about
- Getting started with continuous delivery using ‘value stream mapping’ and
- How to create a value stream map
Before getting started, it is important to ask yourself if you’re truly ready for continuous delivery. This post helps you ask and answer critical questions about your processes that will show you where you are in your continuous delivery journey.
Stay tuned for part 5, where we’ll look at some of the tools commonly used for continuous delivery.
What is Continuous Delivery 101?
This is a video series to help you get started on your CD journey. Ken Mugrage, a notable advocate for continuous delivery, will walk you through a collection of 5 short videos. This series will cover the history of CD, basic concepts, best practices, how to get started and popular tools. We will also introduce in-depth readings as we go through these basic concepts with you.
By the end of the video series, you'll have a holistic view of continuous delivery and a deeper understanding and appreciation of critical concepts.
Why should you watch it?
These videos can help you and more specifically, your team, learn to adopt best practices of Continuous Delivery, understand the core concepts of a deployment pipeline, and the history of how Agile and Lean drove these technical practices.
You can truly benefit out of these videos if you:
- are looking to get an overview of continuous delivery for yourself
- are championing DevOps transformation in your organization and need a concise 'getting started' guide for your team
- think your team are doing continuous delivery but not quite there yet and want to take as step back to refresh the fundamentals