Dashboard personalization enhancements
Personalized views allowing filteres for failed or building stages now also allow inclusion of Cancelled or Paused pipelines.
Yum Repo Poller Plugin no longer bundled by default
Due to both its uncommon use and improvement of agent bootstrap speeds the Yum/RPM/DNF Repository Poller Plugin is no longer bundled with GoCD from 23.1.0 onwards.
All plugins impose a marginal startup cost for the server and certain plugins also to all agents. Since it is also currently difficult to override bundled plugins in some GoCD setups, the team have decided to stop bundling this particular plugin.
If you rely upon this plugin, follow these upgrade steps:
- download the latest version of the plugin from GitHub
- install the plugin as an external plugin (see plugin user guide)
- upgrade your server to 23.1.0
You needn't worry about:
- Starting your old server version with the external plugin added. GoCD will ignore it, and prefer the bundled plugin until you upgrade.
- Loss of configuration while starting your server on 23.1.0 before adding the plugin back. Your config will be retained, however your server will not function correctly, and certain pipelines will not be editable until you restore the plugin and restart your server, which you should do as soon as possible.
As always, we recommend that you take a backup before upgrading.
- #11341 - Starting this release, Ubuntu, Debian and CentOS based container images are built multi-platform for both amd64 and arm64/aarch64 (example)
- #11053 - Starting this release, Alpine 3.17 based container images for GoCD Agent are available.
- #11053 - Build the default GoCD Server image on Alpine 3.17
- #8544 - Validate and enable GoCD server/agent install on Linux ARM / aarch64 system architecture
- #11286 - Improve agent work pickup speed with an exponential rather than fixed 10s backoff
- #11100 - Guard against out-of-memory errors when handling extremely long log lines from build task output
- #11275, #11285 - Improve artifact upload speed with buffer tweaks
- #11205 - Simplify & improve agent operating system complete name determination
- #11295 - Improve agent logging to avoid confusing double-timestamps
- #11048 - Improve logging of server output to assist with backup debugging
- #11296 - Improve container logging to avoid cut-off lines due to log buffering
- #266, #11159 - GoCD doesnt correctly parse minified JUnit XML produced by pytest
- #4469, #11317 - Agent Error occurred during loop NullPointerException: Cannot invoke "org.apache.http.Header.getValue()" because "md5Header" is null
- #11222 - Fix occasional issues with container start stalling or crashing due to process wrapper issues
- #10669 - Dragging outside of the pipeline config web config dialogs can close the dialog without saving
- #11004 - Dead docs link on dashboard personalization page
- #11047 - Fix error messages on failure to launch DB backup process
- #11070 - Fix build label handling on VSM and job detail pages
- #11141 - Check server identity by default when talking SMTP over TLS
- #11134 - Stage History API fails with DB error on MySQL 8
- #11260 - Loading materials admin page creates syntax error on MySQL 8
We regularly fix security issues reported by security researchers & upgrade dependencies to mitigate known vulnerabilities. Upgrading to the latest release is always recommended.
Security fixes in this release were due to vulnerabilities responsibly disclosed by infoatb and CC Bomber, Kitri BoB (tunaf). Many thanks to them for the disclosures, discussions and ideas around mitigation.
Improvements, deprecations and breaking changes in the API and plugin API have been moved to their respective changelogs - API changelog for 23.1.0 and Plugin API changelog for 23.1.0.
Aravind SV, CC Bomber Kitri BoB (tunaf), Chad Wilson, Christian Butcher, Ketan Padegaonkar, Kim Sullivan, Sandro Heinzelmann, iantra, infoatb
A more comprehensive list of changes for this release can be found here.
Found a security issue that needs fixing? Please report it to https://hackerone.com/gocd
Please report any issues that you observe on GitHub issues.