New Dashboard Page out of Beta
After we released the improved GoCD Dashboard (beta) in 18.2.0, we made several bug fixes and performance improvements based on feedback from our users. The GoCD dashboard improves performance for large GoCD instances with thousands of pipelines. In 18.3.0, we have replaced the older version of the dashboard with this improved dashboard which will be available as the default option to all GoCD users.
Enhancements to GoCD's Plugin Architecture
We have been working on a few improvements to our plugin architecture.
Support for adding plugin alerts to GoCD's Errors and Warnings section: GoCD provides an ability for plugins to add Error and Warning messages. These messages will show up along with the GoCD's own Errors and Warnings. Plugins now have an ability to notify users with any plugin error or warning messages which shows up in GoCD.
Multiple Extension Support for Plugins: Plugins can now implement multiple extensions. This will allow plugin developers to create a single plugin to support multiple extensions which complement each other. E.g This would allow one to write a new GitHub PR workflow plugin with both SCM and Notification extensions.
The plugin info API v4 has been introduced to represent plugins which implement multiple extensions. The two changes are:
- "type" is no longer at plugin level. It's at an extension level.
- "extension_info" was an attribute. It's now a list called "extensions".
Analytics Extension Point: There is a new analytics extension point which allows analytics to be embedded into GoCD. We are continuing to work on it and you'll hear more about it soon.
A new Docker image GoCD Agent is available for Debian 9.
- #4644 - Environments page no longer lists the pipeline instances, this page is only for listing the available environments and editing them.
- #4617 - Ability to turn-off logging of JVM-args and Environment variables to STDERR on GoCD Agent and Server startup.
- #4607 - Remove flash filter from agent remoting endpoint
- #4278 - Change in Build and Test Artifact XML representation
- #4559 - Upgraded Objenesis library to fix performance issues around object cloning.
- #4557 - Plugin settings api improvements
- #4435 - Add the blacklist textarea to other scm materials in the pipeline creation wizard
- #4432 - Setting up one listener per notification plugin to avoid one plugin interfering with others
- #4521 - Update config-repo yaml plugin to 0.6.2
- #4656 - Serialise lastBuildTime for CCTray in UTC with timezone
- #4466 - Make JSON output invalid on error
- #4569 - Update mail sender with mailhost config every time while performing backup.
- #4474 - Fixed issue with SPAs popping up a login dialog after session timeout
- #4542 - Fix plugin logging concurrency issue
- #4496 - Show only pipelines that the user has admin permissions to extract a template.
- #4501 - Ensure cancelled stage has lastTransitionedTime.
- As of release 18.2.0 the following (unversioned) APIs have been deprecated and will be removed in a release scheduled for June 2018:
These APIs have been replaced with a versioned API and users are encouraged to use these instead.
The pipeline config API version 3 and version 4 have been deprecated as part of 18.2.0 and will be removed in a release scheduled for June 2018. Version 5 of the pipeline config API has been introduced to add the new pipeline unlock behavior attribute (#3943).
The elastic agent plugin extension version 1 and (a development verion 2) has been deprecated. These versions will be removed in a release scheduled for June 2018. Plugin developers should use version 3 of the elastic agent plugin api to allow adding support for agent status report and plugin status report. The docker, docker swarm, and ecs plugins have been migrated to the new versions, and users should upgrade their plugins to the latest version to see these new features.
The Plugin Info API v3 has been deprecated as part of 18.3.0. This version of the API will be removed in a release scheduled for July 2018. Version 4 of the API is available, and users are encouraged to use it.
- The Agent Docker Image for Debian 7 is deprecated as part of 18.3.0 and will be removed in a release scheduled for May 2018. Users should upgrade to a newer version of the Debian image.
- The old plugins page which was deprecated in 18.2.0 has been removed
- There are a few known minor issues when triggering pipelines on the new dashboard:
- #4647 - Trigger buttons do not get disabled if the pipeline was force triggered and material update is in progress
- #4452 - Horizontal scroll appears in Trigger With Options Materials popup
- #4481 - CCTray corner cases: NullPointerException because of a pipeline not being in the config when the dashboard looks to update itself.
Aditya Sood, Akshay Dewan, Akshay Mayekar, Ankit Srivastava, Ankur K, Aravind SV, Bhupendrakumar Piprava, Christoph Burgmer, Ganesh S Patil, Isabelle Carter, John Eismeier, Jyoti Singh, Ketan Padegaonkar, Kiera Radman, Louda Peña, Lubaina R, Mahesh Panchaksharaiah, Marques Lee, Naveen Bhaskar, Rafael Nunes, Rajiesh N, Senthil R, Steven Streisguth, Ted Timmons, Tomasz Sętkowski, Varsha Varadarajan
A more comprehensive list of changes for this release can be found here.
Have ideas and want to contribute? Need some help getting started? We're here to help. Reach out to us at email@example.com.
Found a security issue that needs fixing? Please report it to https://hackerone.com/gocd
Please report any issues that you observe on GitHub issues.