Replacing X.509 with simpler HTTPs token-based authentication for Agent-Server Communication - Beta feature
This is a beta feature: agent-server commnication can be toggled to use token-based authentication instead of self-signed X.509 certificates from the GoCD server.
To enable token-based auth, set the environment variable
GO_USE_TOKEN_AUTH on the GoCD agent to
With token-based authentication enabled, agents can use load balancers or reverse proxy DNS names and not GoCD server DNS/IP. It is also not required to expose port 8154 on the GoCD server. TLS termination can happen at the reverse proxy instead.
- #6299 - A new request has been added to the plugin API endpoint to allow elastic agent plugins to log messages to the job console.
- #6295 - Improved errors UI in Config Repo.
- #5667 - Do not validate plugin properties while deleting a plugin profile entity.
- #6278 - All rails APIs return strong Etag.
- #6337 - Start Docker deamon process for dind image.
- #6325 - Supress warnings thrown in server logs when a user visits job console of jobs either not assigned or not started writing to console.
Versions of Java this release of GoCD works with
- Java 8 (Deprecated)
- Java 10 (Deprecated)
- Java 11
- Java 12
Please refer to this blog post for GoCD official stance on supported Java versions.
- The notification plugin extension version 3 has been deprecated. This version will be removed in an upcoming release. Plugin developers should use version 4 of the notification plugin api.
- The analytics plugin extension version 1 has been deprecated. This version will be removed in an upcoming release. Plugin developers should use version 2 of the analytics plugin api.
- The Get Server Info processor version 1 has been deprecated. This version will be removed in an upcoming release. Plugin developers should use version 2 of the Get Server Info processor.
- Unversioned get stage history API has been deprecated in favor of get stage history API v1. This version will be removed in a release scheduled for July 2019.
- The Plugin Info API version 4 has been deprecated. This version will be removed in a release scheduled for July 2019. Version 5 of the API is available, and users are encouraged to use it.
- The Dashboard API version 2 has been removed. Version 3 of the API is available, and users are encouraged to use it.
- The Fedora 28 based docker image for GoCD Agent has been removed. Fedora 28 has reached end-of-life in June 2019. Please use an image based on a newer version of the Fedora.
Aditya Sood, Akshay Dewan, Ankit Srivastava, Aravind SV, Bhupendrakumar Piprava, Dhanashri Pagar, Ganesh S Patil, Huimin Li, Isabelle Carter, Jen Marley, Ketan Padegaonkar, Kiera Radman, Kritika Singh, Louda Peña, Lubaina R, Mahesh Panchaksharaiah, Mansi Shah, Marques Lee, Naveen Bhaskar, Rajiesh N, Saurabh Mistry, Sheroy Marker, Steven Streisguth, Tomasz Setkowski, Varsha Varadarajan, Viraj Patil, Vrushali Waykole
A more comprehensive list of changes for this release can be found here.
Have ideas and want to contribute? Need some help getting started? We're here to help. Reach out to us at email@example.com.
Found a security issue that needs fixing? Please report it to https://hackerone.com/gocd
Please report any issues that you observe on GitHub issues.